Apparently, water faucets are quite prevalent in our everyday use. They aid in providing a convenient water supply for any outdoor activity. These taps are usually installed indoors mostly in kitchens and bathrooms, although, currently there are also outdoor faucets commonly placed outside in the backyards or on the walls. The outdoor faucets mainly supply water for landscaping and any other outdoor utility. Since they are placed outside, manufacturers produce them with materials that can withstand rust and any adverse weather condition.
Some of these outdoor faucets include:
. The ball valve tap commonly made from plastic or brass and which has a single hole through it.
. The spigots and hose bibs mostly placed in the backyards and on the outside walls. Both taps have compression valves which regulate the rate of flow of water through them.
. Frost-free faucets commonly used in cold areas, specially made with a long metal pipe extending inside the walls to prevent damages that could arise from the severe weather condition.
. The anti-siphons, usually attached to the outdoor faucets for preventing contaminants from sucking back into the valves of the faucets.
Benefits of installing an outdoor faucet:
1. Having an outdoor water faucet is ideal for cleaning foods such as fish and getting them into the house when they are ready for cooking rather than bringing them inside with the unwanted parts. For instance, in the case of fish, it ensures much of the unpleasant odor is left outside.
2. Having an outdoor faucet is an excellent idea for campsites for general cleaning purposes ( such as washing clothes, kitchenware, chairs, cots among other uses).
3. The presence of an outside tap helps in other cleaning purposes such as car washing or washing your rugs. Washing your car with an ample supply of water makes the task much easier as well as giving you amazing results.
4. Outside taps are also ideal for garden cleaning and maintenance. Activities such as lawn mowing, weeding the flower beds, or attending to your garden is much easier with an outdoor tap and ensures you don’t bring dirt into the house.
5. Outdoor faucets also help you to clean your pets especially the dogs comfortably from outside ensuring no dirt is brought inside unlike when cleaning a pet from inside the house.
These are some of the benefits of having an outside faucet. However, you can consider installing either a hot or cold water tap outside your home depending on the purposes of the installation.
Written by: Suesuzzie